- The 160 Gbps RedUGRNova network is up to 16 times faster than the networks of most Universities in Spain. This state-of-the-art network will interconnect eight campuses through more than 2,000 kilometers (1,243 miles) of optical fiber cable. With this upgrading the University of Granada will save near €100,000 every month
The University of Granada has updated its computer network facilities to achieve a 160 Gigabit connection speed (Gbpps). This means that the University of Granada has become the academic institution with ...
- University of Granada researchers have developed the Picaa application, which can be downloaded free from App Store.
- A study demonstrates that this application –which is also available in English, Galician and Arab– enhances perception, vocabulary acquisition, phonetic and syntactic performance, memory development and eye-hand coordination in children with Down syndrome and autism-related disorders.
- University of Granada
- University of Granada researchers have found that, in a stressful situation, people who are not skilled in decision-making have greater cortisol levels (the stress hormone) in saliva than people highly skilled in decision-making.
- This paper has been recently published in the prestigious journal Psychoneuroendocrinology.
A study conducted by researchers at the University of Granada Group of Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychoneuroimmunology has demonstrated that cortisol levels in saliva are associated with a person's ability to make good decisions in stressful situations.
To perform this ...
The University of Granada researchers are pioneers in the application of thermography to the field Psychology. Thermography is a technique based on determining body temperature.
This study demonstrates that body temperature in the orbital muscle –placed in the inner corner of the eye- increases when we lie, ...
The new device is protected with ten international patents including Japan, the USA, Corea and the European Union. The most important electronic companies worldwide such as Samsung and Hynix (Corea) and Micron (USA) have shown interest in this innovative data storage device.
The project has been conducted by researchers at the University of Granada (Spain) and the CEA-LETI Lab (Grenoble, France).
- The studies were conducted by the research group TIC 218 at the Department of Signal Theory, Telematics and Communications attached to the University of Granada and the Andalusian Information Technology and Communications Center (CITIC). The results obtained have been published in prestigious journals such as Medical Physics and NeuroImage, the most important journal in the field of neuroscience.
During the past year, the research group TIC 218 at the Department of Signal Theory, Telematics and Communications attached to the University of Granada and the Andalusian Information Technology and Communications Center (CITIC) has implemented ...
- Simulated Car Racing Competition consists of a simulation of the physics of cars racing on a virtual track using artificial intelligence.
Each race has two challenges: driving a car alone as long a distance as possible, ...
- This is the conclusion of a study published in the prestigious journal European Heart Journal conducted by professor Francisco B. Ortega, a researcher at the University of Granada Department of Physical Education and at the Karolinska Institut Department of BioSciences and Nutrition (Sweden).
A person can be obese and metabolically healthy at the same time, which means that this person will have the same mortality risk for heart disease or cancer that people of normal weight. This is the conclusion of a study published in the prestigious journal European Heart Journal .
- The registration procedure is open
Next December, Granada will hold the II Iberoamerican Conference on Nutrition for Children and Teens. The Conference will take place in the Congress and Exhibition Center in Granada, Spain from 3rd-5th December 2012.
This Conference is intended for health personnel, i. e. nurses, physicians, psychologists, pharmacists, nutritionists, endocrine doctors, physical education staff, university students and, in general, to all those interested in child and teen nutrition. The registration procedure is open.
The aim of this Conference is ...
- The prestigious journal Science has published the results of this research study.
- Daniel Rodríguez, a professor at the University of Granada Department of Atomic, Molecular and Nuclear Physics, and a member of the Spanish National Center for Particle, Astroparticle and Nuclear Physics (CPAN, for its acronym in Spanish) has participated in the study.
- The University of Granada is developing a quantum sensor, a unique device for measuring the mass of nuclei with precision and accuracy.
An international research ...